I also can NOT see me trying to calm down Bink, answer the phone AND hold a loaded pistol down the stairs all at the same time if Chuck hadn't been home. If someone had really broken in, Bink would be screaming, the phone would keep ringing, and the first person up the stairs would have their head blown off, and anyone after that would get it too. I'm not going to sit in Bink's room waiting for someone to come in there. Boy that would be a freaking mess! Both legally and cleaning up the house. And seriously, would I shoot someone? Yes! If they're in my house, and they come upstairs, they're going to be shot. I have every right to defend my Bink! The security company sends out the police if you don't answer the phone, so they'd be there to see the mess in a few minutes if it ever happened. I pray to God it never does happen. I don't need that kind of stuff in my life.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
False Alarm 1
Sunday night we had a false alarm with our security system. Needless to say, neither of us were happy about it. Imagine being woken up at three in the morning to the screeching wail of your security system. Imagine looking next to you and realizing it's not your husband accidentally setting it off when he went downstairs. I smacked him in the shoulder and said, "someone's in the house!" He had been ignoring the alarm thinking I had set it off. We've done it before. He bolts out of bed, throws his duty belt off the dresser and gets his duty weapon and light out. Going to the steps he's aiming his pistol downstairs, throws the hall light on and yells down that he has a weapon and is a cop. In the mean time, the phone rings and it's the security company wanting our password and then they ask do they want me to call the police. Um...yeah. My husbands a cop and already has his weapon drawn. I tell them that and then turn off the alarm. While I'm on the phone, I try and calm down Bink who's crying and wait for Chuck to case the house. I can hear him once yell something, which he later said it was him saying for someone to come out with their hands up kind if thing because he has a gun and he's a cop. Thankfully after he's done checking the house, it's clear. No one's in the house and there's no sign of forced entry. Bleh. I tell the security guy it's all clear. He said it was probably just the phone link cutting out that caused it. Huh? Hello! I don't want this thing going off every stinking time the wind blows. We're going to have them come and check out the lines. Needless to say we were all keyed up and didn't go back to sleep 'til close to four-thirty. Bink didn't want to go back to her room so she slept with us. I'm glad it was a false alarm. I really didn't want to have Chuck shoot someone in our house. That would be too weird and we'd have to be put through the ringer by the system that would stand up for the person breaking in, not us, the homeowners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment