Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Camera






Chuck surprised me by buying me a new pocket camera yesterday. He was tired of me looking like a tourist everywhere we went with my Nikon D40 hanging around my neck. My old Canon Powershot died this past year and I nagged and got my wonderful Nikon D40. This camera kicks ass in taking photos and I'll still be taking it everywhere. It's great for action, sports, and wildlife photos. My new Canon Powershot will be the one I take on little trips to the park for playdates and the like. I had to include my old Pentax 35mm too. That was my first 'real' camera that took wonderful photos. I should sell it for money, but I'm loathe to get rid of it just yet. I can't find it, but my first digital camera looked like this one. It was a Polaroid, but it was a bronze color. Gads...so long ago.

2 comments:

Powderhornhockey said...

Hang on to that Pentax, shooting film is sexier than hell and that camera is a great one. I know a great football photographer that uses film only and she does amazing work. My first serious camera in the 70's at RIT was that very same model.

You have a great stable of guns there, the Powershot will be a great play date and glove box camera. The Pentax, when nothing but film will do. The Nikon, well despite being a member of the Canon club I have a healthy respect for that baby too. Just get a good 70/300 lens for hockey.

Powderhornhockey said...

Two save places to save some money on line, Adorama and B&H out of New York City. Both are trustable sites to deliver what you ask for. Both are also going to try to sell you something nice extra goodies that you might also need like filters and camera cases. So if you are on a budget like I am before you call make a list a d stick to it to avoid temptation.;)