Sunday, January 03, 2010

Gads, it's been forever!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here. I've been so busy with the holidays and with scrapbooking that I lost track.

Last night we were supposed to have a scrimmage and the other team, the Americans, didn't show. They 'forgot'. Their goalie was there, but the rest of the team never showed up. We were a bit pissed, but shrugged our shoulders and had a four on four scrimmage with our players and the two goalies. Each team had two extra players for relief. I played a lot on forward and I really should do it again in the spring if I have the money to play. I SUCK at forward. Lol...I played so bad that I think a D team would cut me at tryouts. :)

Today we played the Americans in an official game and they showed up for it. We had a guest goalie, Mel from the Black Widows in net (our goalie skipped our game to play with another team in another league). She did really well in net and faced a lot of shots and should be happy with her play. It was a division up for her so she can go back to her team and say 'look at well I did'. :) She played the angles and knew how to direct the puck which is a bonus for us on defense. I feel bad on my part because I was out of position on one goal and left her hung out to dry. She didn't have a chance on the deflection and it was 100% my fault.

The final score...Flames 7 - Americans 5. A lot of ass busting and hustle kept us ahead. Let's hope we keep it up the rest of the season so we can make playoffs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course we will make the playoffs..have we ever not?!