One good thing came out of this. I found my softball glove in the shed and it still fit. I took a dryer vent cleaner and jabbed it in the fingers to make sure I killed any spiders that may have taken up residence in them. I've had my glove since I was ten years old and it's still in pretty good condition considering all the years I used it. Love my glove, even if I don't love playing softball any more. Give me hockey any day of the week instead.
Friday, June 04, 2010
Playing Softball
Chuck's softball team in Marlton has a league rule where they have to have three women on the team and they were short. Guess who was called into the emergency so they wouldn't have to forfeit the game? You got it. Me. I haven't played softball for close to twenty-five years. When I found ice hockey I tossed softball aside like a used glove. I was reminded why when I stood in the outfield sweating my butt off and swatting nats and other insects away. It was slow pitch which really messed me up because I never played it that way. I grounded out and got a walk on my next time at bat. The first play of the game was to me in right field and I caught an easy fly ball. A few other hits came my way, but as we all know, right field can be pretty boring, and they were all out of play. Me being me, I ran into a pine tree in my quest to catch a foul ball and scraped my left ear up. I knew the trees were there, but was too intent on catching the ball to pay attention. DOH! Our team got smoked, but at least I got in some exercise, as little as it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment