Friday, February 26, 2010

Canadian Boozers! :-D



Okay, anyone in women's hockey will have probably heard how Team Canada went back on the ice after the game and boozed it up and were smoking cigars. I do have a major problem with the underage player drinking and I can't stand the idea that they just had to be as stupid as the men and start smoking cigars, but people...GET OVER IT! Beer and hockey go hand in hand. They sponsor tourneys, they give away beer and products, it's what millions of hockey players kick back with after a hard fought game. Hell, our team did the same thing last season when we won the local championship. The only difference is we didn't smoke cigars or have anyone underage drinking. The reallllly big difference is we aren't a national team who is the role model for thousands of little girls growing up. They f'd up by making it a public celebration, but I hope the hell people accept the flimsy apology and leave them alone so they can enjoy their win. We all know if that was a men's team, not one peep would have been made about it. We also know that if Team USA had done this, they'd be raked over the coals for it. We all know how freaky USA Hockey is about their image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I do think they should celebrate their win and celebrate big, I think it was poor judgement to take it back out on the ice. That was pretty dumb. What was a great day for the sport turned out to make women look like idiots. Someone should have stopped them. It was a pretty stupid move. I don't think anyone would make a big deal if the men did it, but after all these years I don't think any team has ever done something as ridiculous as this. Instead of feeling proud of our sport, I feel a little embarrassed.
Shouldn't be that way. And I like the Canadians, but just goes to show how classy the USA women are. They did not do that when they won the gold. Get ahold of yourselves girls..celebrate your win, but remember the whole world is watching you. Just ask Michael Phelps.