Yes, I'd like to see USA Women's win gold, but what is more important to me is that more women and girls will join hockey because they've been able to see it played on tv. A TON of little girls will turn to their moms and say, "but mom, that girl named Lawler is only five feet tall and she's on the National team!" Moms all over the country won't be able to use the 'you're too small to play hockey' line any more. There are women on Team USA that are 5'0 and 5'4". It proves that you don't need to be 6'4" and 235 lbs. to play hockey. :-D
1 comment:
Of course you don't!! I am 5 feet tall, and although I do not play on Team USA, who knows what could have happened if I had started skating when I was three and had excellent coaching all my life. Just because you are little doesn't mean you can't PLAY BIG..in any sport! When I am on the ice I feel like I am just as big as anyone else. Most of it is in the heart and the way that you play anyway...
Go TEAM USA!!
Post a Comment