Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BMI Bullshit

Okay, I know I'm within my current BMI, but I was curious to see what it was when I was too thin and too fat. My height is 5'8". I keyed in 237 because I weighed between 235 and 240 at one time in my life. The BMI said I was obese. DUH! I was healthy though so no biggie. I keyed in 129 which was my lowest weight back in the 80's. I had some major health problems occur during that time and one of them was an extra heartbeat. Kind of scary. The bullshit part is where the BMI said I was still in the healthy range when I was 129. It's sad that a BMI scale can say that I was unhealthy when I was fat and healthy when I was too thin, when in reality it was the complete opposite. I'm happy where I'm at now. Between 157 and 159. My scale read 157, but the official weight will be tomorrow when I weigh in at Weight Watchers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is really something isn't it..how that works. you know your own body. dont worry about that other stuff.