
It's always sad when someone we know dies. I didn't know her all that well other than to say hello before and after games, but that's not what's important. Heck, I could have never have met her and I'd still be disturbed by her death. Someone dying at the age of 30 is hard to accept. It's made even worse by the fact that she wanted to take her own life and in the process, someone else did it for her, but not directly by choice. We may never know what happened. Only Jen and God know that. Her voice is silenced and God will let us sort out our own thoughts on what occurred.
Reading the articles in the paper, her death is bluntly stated. Cold hard facts and not much else. Then when you read the comments left by other people, it gets even sadder. Some people don't care. They look to point fingers or figure it out like they were there. None of them saw what happened. Only Jen and the police know what was going on. For all I know, maybe Jen didn't know what was happening. The mind works in strange ways when it's in pain.
I can only hope that Jen is now at peace. I can pray for her. I can pray for her family and close friends who will be suffering horribly at the loss of the person they loved so much. I can show her respect by wearing her number this season and making sure her memorial on the league web site is well done and respectful. It doesn't seem like much, but it's all I can do.
RIP Jen McCaffrey. Hopefully God has a hockey rink in Heaven and a spot on the bench for you.
1 comment:
Very sad. I didn't know her, but I will be thinking of her family and friends.
Post a Comment