Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Labor Day :-P
I was hoping we'd go to a park and spend some time together as a family. What did I get? I spent the entire day cleaning out our huge shed in the backyard while Veronica played a little in her sandbox, then wanted to go inside. She basically sat in the living room by herself watching tv for a few boring hours. What a crappy holiday. Chuck grilled some brats after we got done so that was the extent of our holiday eating as well. Yes, the shed needed to be cleaned, but why did he have to waste a beautiful holiday doing it? All those weekends we had before to do it and he wanted to sleep late or do something he wanted to do. We need family time! Bink doesn't see much of him all week so the weekends and holidays shouldn't be wasted away from her. That's why I'm so glad I play hockey. It forces him to spend time with her that he would normally piss away doing something else. OY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Suggestion..we like to designate one night of the week as family night when the boys are in school. Since Mike is at work and they are in class all day long, I don't feel like we get that much quality time during the week so we spend a night together (just the 5 of us) doing something fun like playing games, seeing a movie or going to Barnes and Noble. I know it sounds boring, but the key is that we are all together. Try it. It doesn't have to be the same night each week, but try to do it at least once a week and then you won't feel like you are wasting days away when you should be spending them together. And it won't be long before these kids won't want to spend their free time with us old birds so do it while you can!
Post a Comment