“I’m totally stunned. I thought we had a great opportunity,” former NBA great Michael Jordan told CNN. Jordan, who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA titles, said the city would have been “perfect for the world to explore.” He said the city is “deserving of an event of that magnitude” and hopes it will try again.
***************
The above was on CNN.com. I'm a bit peeved by all of this. Okay so they lost the Olympic bid, so why do all the plans to revitalize Chicago have to stop now? How come people get all geared up to invest the money for sport, but don't want to invest in something long term like education and sports fields for the local communities.
Yes, the Olympics generate tons of money and press for the area, but they're also a drain on the locals. Try taking all of the money you would have blown on the Olympics and try putting it back into your neighborhoods.
No comments:
Post a Comment