Wednesday, October 14, 2009
October 10, 2009 Game vs. Phoenix
We had our season opening league game at home versus the Delaware Phoenix. They had a full bench, we had nine skaters and our goalie. We won 2-0. We out hustled the Phoenix and pounded their goalie with shots, but Renee is a really good netminder so for us to get two goals on her is a good thing. I played okay, but didn't get many shots off. Michelle on the other hand was on the mark and got the first goal for us with a nice point shot that went through a tiny five hole opening. Overall I'd have to say we're already a better team position-wise this season, but we'll still have to keep working hard at practices because not all the teams we'll be playing will be the speed of the Phoenix who are a tad slower overall than some of the other teams out there. No, I'm not making fun of them because they have a ton of older players, it's just a fact. Trust me on this 'cause I'm one of those players in the older category. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment