Monday, April 28, 2008

It's my bIrthday...whoo...hoo.

Today was my birthday. A big whoop-dee-doo. Chuck remembered and ordered flowers and chocolates but only because he had added my birthday to his calendar on his phone. Other than that I made my own dinner and bought my own b-day cake. I got three phone call b-day wishes from family, one from a friend, and a couple of e-mail wishes. That's more than I've gotten in the past years, so I guess I should be happy...but of course I'm not. Today was just another day to do laundry, go shopping for household stuff and make my own meals, etc. I should've ordered chinese or something to give the illusion that I was being pampered with a dinner out. Again, I shouldn't complain, he did remember this year and got me some really nice flowers, but I'm still bummed. I guess I keep thinking birthdays should be more exciting or something, but they really aren't. They're just another day. If I can keep that in my head, maybe next year I won't feel so let down. (Who am I kidding? I'll be bummed next year too. I'm too neurotic not to.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel so bad, I think birthdays are more fun for the little ones, not us old girls. I try to make my day special by doing something fun with the kids, like going out to dinner or if they don't have school then we go to the zoo or a movie. And I usually buy my own cake too, but I don't mind. I always get a pic of me blowing out the candles with them on my lap..makes it a good memory.