It was another fun filled busy day. I took Bink over to my sister-in-laws place so she could go swimming with my niece and a friend of hers, along with her friends three year old boy. I even took some time to walk around town by myself taking some photos. It's sad in some ways because my grade school is now a deserted building with it's windows boarded up. It may be made into an office building or an old folks home. The play ground that I had recess and Field Day all those years ago is cracked and filled with weeds. This is the same school that my mom went to as a child so it's even more depressing knowing that it's no longer used for education and kids having a great time. I even walked over to the cemetery that's right next to the school and ended up taking photos of some of the graves to put on Find a Grave. It was really weird because I know a lot of the people and the families buried there. One of my aunts is there too. Still it was a nice relaxing walk and by the time I got back to the house I even donned my bathing suit and splashed around a little with Bink in the freezing cold water.
Bink was exhausted when I took her home and when she found out that I was going to hockey, she started freaking out and crying. Chuck took her out to dinner with him and he said she cried the entire time and kept asking for me. :)
Hockey was fun even though we got smoked. The last place team in spring league brought a bunch of other players they normally didn't have and we were missing our best player, but again, I didn't care because we only had four on defense and I got plenty of ice time and had a crap load of fun. I did my best to irritate a few people on my team by being overly bubbly and having a good time because some of them were beyond crabby and needed to lighten up a little. Spring League sucks so get over it. It's not like regular season where people really give a crap and you play with the people you play with all season. It's like going to a tourney to play C and finding out that the rest of the teams that showed up were college or B teams. Deal with it, make the best of it, and have some f'n fun with it. It's hockey and it's better than sitting at home and watching some crappy tv show.
No comments:
Post a Comment