Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 6th - Saturday

Today was a really full day. I got up early to go to WalMart to get a small gift for my friend's birthday party/picnic and as soon as I got home, I made her card and a chipboard tag using some round beer coasters I had picked up at a restaurant. They aren't acid free so I'd have to spray them with archival mist if I used them in a layout, but they are great for craft stuff and tags. The large circle die cut from Sizzix is the same exact size so I didn't have to measure circle to cut out my cardstock. Add a plan white bag and it's all wrapped up.

I was able to do all the card stuff because my niece Megan picked Bink up and took her to Cowtown with her so they could walk around and shop with two of her friends and their kids. It's always funny to watch her with Bink because like I've said before, my niece looks more like my daughter's mother than I do. They are two peas in a pod. I need to scan an old photo of Megan and do a side by side of them so people can see what I'm talking about.

Before Bink and I left for the party, our load of top soil came. We've been needing to do this forever to level off our yard. If we're going to sell our house, it's important that our yard is nice as well.

The party was wonderful. You can't ask for a nicer group of people to hang out with. There wasn't one person who got drunk or loud and all the kids believe it or not were pretty well behaved. Like always I stayed late to help and clean up afterward. They went to a lot of effort to host the party, the least I could do was help with the clean up. Chuck says I worry too much about doing stuff like that, but I'd like to see how he felt if a large group of his friends came over and created a huge mess, then left without helping pick it up.

No comments: