Sunday, October 12, 2008

2nd Game vs. Predators

Can you say shit? Say it with me. Shit. S. H. I. T. This game was complete shit in the third period. I've played in some pretty shitty games where the refs decided who was going to win and this has got to be the worst one ever. I think we played the entire third period shorthanded. We had a player kicked out of the game. And what did she do? She played the puck and the other team's player fell down trying to beat her to it. Our player got an interference call. Then she got two more when she complained to the ref about his bad call. Then she got kicked out of the game for making a yapping motion at the opposing player who was yelling at her. Say shit. We had a player get called for in the crease when the opposing team parked their asses in our crease all night. We had a player get called for hitting at the goalies glove. She did it before the whistle was blown to signal end of play. The ref was a total ass. He got in the way of players, he instigated people on our bench and target another player with one crappy call after another. It was truly disgusting. I'm hoping we can get this waste of space taken off of the ref rotation for any further games with us. It was obvious he had a bone to pick with certain players on our team. And don't even look my way because I haven't gotten a penalty in our two games.

The second crappy part was my not contributing on offense again. I had chances at four shots. One was a wrist shot on net at the end of the game. Two were total whiffs, and a third was some crappy shot...I can't really call it a shot...that dribbled off my stick because I lifted my stick too high and only nipped the damn thing. The coach is making comments about where was my big shot, all the team knows I can shoot and are depending on me to do so, and so far I'm falling short of their expectations. I'm frustrated by my crappy shooting and I think I know the reason why I'm doing it. I'm thinking too much on the ice. Whenever I think, I play subpar. The good defensive plays I made today were done when I was just playing and not thinking about what I needed to do. In our next game I'm going to 'just' play and forget the thinking crap.

Another thing is I think I've jinxed myself by wearing my old Hurricanes stuff. Bad memories, bad karma with that team and the last shithole season I spent there. I'm ditching the pants, the socks, and I'm going to dye the gloves black. I'm a Flamer 100% and that's what I want, not an echo of a team that made me almost quit playing the games because I hated what was going on there so much.

Thank God we have a practice the next time we get together. I really need it to get back into my fun time hockey groove.

No comments: