This photo is from 1991 and proves an extremely scary thing. At one time believe it or not, I was a forward. I played center on the Delaware Bobcats. That's right. Me. A center. In looking back, all I can think is our team must've been desperate for players to have put me there. I mean come on. I've never been the fastest of skaters even when I was young. I even played wing too. Thank God when Mark began coaching the Bobcats, he had the sense to move me to defense where I belonged and loved to be. I still get the shivers when I look at this photo. If I have to play forward again, it had better be on a D team 'cause I have no clue what to do up there and would hate it to boot. :-P Oh yeah...this was playoffs in Washington versus the Philadelphia Roadrunners. The Bobcat in the yellow helmet is BC. I think the center is Smitty, but I can't be sure. Ah the good old days. To think I was only twenty-nine when this was taken. I wish I could travel back in time and play some more. I've been playing for twenty-eight years so far. Hopefully my knees will hold out and I can play for another couple of decades. :)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Proof that at one time, I was a forward. Yuk.
This photo is from 1991 and proves an extremely scary thing. At one time believe it or not, I was a forward. I played center on the Delaware Bobcats. That's right. Me. A center. In looking back, all I can think is our team must've been desperate for players to have put me there. I mean come on. I've never been the fastest of skaters even when I was young. I even played wing too. Thank God when Mark began coaching the Bobcats, he had the sense to move me to defense where I belonged and loved to be. I still get the shivers when I look at this photo. If I have to play forward again, it had better be on a D team 'cause I have no clue what to do up there and would hate it to boot. :-P Oh yeah...this was playoffs in Washington versus the Philadelphia Roadrunners. The Bobcat in the yellow helmet is BC. I think the center is Smitty, but I can't be sure. Ah the good old days. To think I was only twenty-nine when this was taken. I wish I could travel back in time and play some more. I've been playing for twenty-eight years so far. Hopefully my knees will hold out and I can play for another couple of decades. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cray-zee!
Post a Comment