Thursday, August 06, 2009

Potty Training

When I was gone, hubby and one of our nieces finally got Bink to potty train by not letting her off the toilet and forcing her to wear underwear which if she peed in them, she'd be uncomfortable. She's been using the potty since Saturday and yesterday she went number two for the first time in the potty! Yay! No more having to fight her to wipe all that crap off of her from her wearing a diaper. She goes by herself and even washes her hands by herself. I'm pretty proud of her. She's growing up so fast. I have her wearing pull-ups in bed and when we go somewhere because she might have an accident. Sorry, but I'm not the mom who will chance letting her piss herself out in public. I told her the pull-ups are just like underwear and she can't pee in them, but when she sleeps, she isn't at that point that she doesn't go at night, so they'll stay on until then. Hopefully she won't be like me and my brother who were bed wetters until we were in the fifth grade or so. And yes, I have no problem admitting it because there are thousands of kids who have the problem and you'd be surprised at how many teens and adults have the problem. If Bink is a wetter, I'm going to make sure she's not ashamed of it, just like my mom did with me. It's normally a disorder that most kids grow out of, just like I did. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are not still a wetter..the bed was uncomfortable enough last week!! LOL! Just kidding!