Friday, August 21, 2009

Tryouts and F'n with the team.

Okay, I get the notice of upcoming tryouts for my team next week. I'm a little miffed to say the least. We have two Senior C teams in our organization, one Senior B rec, and two or three Senior D beginners clubs. One Senior C is National bound and the one I play on is Non-National. The National bound team has had some inner conflicts on their team for some time. Our team last year was one big happy group of skaters who hung out, had fun, and managed to win playoffs. The other team is losing their big gun as she is moving. With her goes the majority of their goals, so what do they do? They decide to go in as a 30+ team. Then the announcement comes that only our team will be having tryouts out of ALL the teams in the organization. What does that mean? People who are tired of the National bound team want to come to our team. That means some of us will get pushed out to make way for them. Players would be picked to play in the league games and the rest would be shoved into a rec team that would play scrimmages. Oh that sounds oh so much fun. (insert sarcasm here) They knew what they were doing and should have submitted a request to the league that our team is in to add another team to the league, not rip our team apart. I'm pretty confident I'll make the regular team, but there are a few of my teammates from last season that might get bumped and I'm not too happy about that happening. If it's not broke, it doesn't need fixing or f'n around with. Just my opinion though and it doesn't count for much in our organization.

No comments: