Thursday, February 07, 2008

Little Megan and Veronica

I took Veronica over to my sister-in-law's for my niece's 25th birthday. It makes me really sad in a way. I was 21 when she was born. My little Megan isn't so little any more. The weird part is she and Veronica look so much alike. If the three of us were walking at the mall, they'd think she was the mom and not me.

Veronica is getting so big. It makes me worry that before I know it, she'll be turning 25! I want time to slow down. She's already two. They weren't joking when they said babyhood flies by. She's now a toddler. I'm sad and glad. It was stressful when she was a baby. I'm a worrier and there's so much that can go wrong in the first year of life. Now that she's bigger, I have other worries, but they're different ones.

Here's hoping the clock slows down so I can enjoy her toddlerhood with open eyes and a wide smile. 

No comments: