Monday, February 18, 2008

This Weekend

I could care less who reads this so if you're from the other team nosing around, so be it. Our team drove for two hours or more for most people to get to a rink only to be told that the ice slot was changed to two hours earlier. There's a rule in the bylaws that say the away team is the one who has to make sure the home team's ice hasn't changed. I'm like...HUH?! The coach on the other team swears they tried calling us the day of the game, but neither I nor our coach got a call. We also didn't get any e-mails because their coach had the wrong e-mail for our coach from the league site and he didn't use my entire e-mail.


My thing is what dork doesn't get a VERBAL response from another team when changing an ice slot? That's how it's been for the twenty-seven years I've been playing. When did it get to the point that the other team switches ice time and doesn't give a crap if the other team knows about it? It's so wrong in so many ways.


I'm so tired of the bull crap going on in women's hockey. Teams not showing up for games, people not being polite enough to let other teams know about ice changes, higher level teams playing in lower divisions just so they can win. Something's wrong and it's only getting worse. It's making a joke of the sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What exactly did you find out?