Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday, Feb. 9th

I received bad news today. Janelle texted me that Renee and Tammy's father died. In looking up his obituary online, he passed away on Thursday. Hearing this news really depressed me. He was only 54 years old. He'll never see all his children graduate high school. He'll never see them get married. He'll never get to hold his grandchildren. At 25, Renee is the oldest. The youngest is still in grade school. I can't begin to imagine the pain they're all in. They're a close knit family who loved one another and worked together every day. Having their father gone will be a pain that will never fade. And how must their mother feel? She's lost her partner and now she's left alone to finish raising a family and working the family farm. She has the weight of the world on her shoulders. I wish I could do something to change it, but only God can do that.

No comments: