Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday - April 6th

The big let down. That's what the day after playoffs and the season are. You are so jacked up for playoffs and your adrenaline is running in overdrive all weekend that the day after it's over you come down like a junkie crashing from too much cocaine. I woke up with packed sinus', my neck is sore, my back hurts in one spot from a hit from behind, and one of my knuckles is broken again on my right hand from a slash to the glove. I think what hurts the most is knowing the season is over. You get into a routine of seeing people on your team and when you really enjoy their company, it's weird to have it all yanked away. We all live all over the place, so it's not easy to get together unless we make a freakin' schedule. Hockey does that for us.

At least I'm lucky enough to be starting spring league practices next week. If I had to go without hockey for the next five months, I think I'd go crazy! Even though I know playing spring won't be the same as playing for my Blue team, at least I know in a few weeks most of us will be dragging our asses to some local tourneys. :)

No comments: