Monday, April 06, 2009

Thursday - April 2nd

Today was a weird kind of day. Bink and I got up around seven and I ran around like a nutjob trying to get her and I ready for school. I was aiding today for the 4's class and Bink had her sun project today. So I rush out the door and load us up in the car and head to the school, all the while looking at the clock in the car, bemoaning the fact that I was getting her to school late. Pulling into the parking lot I was like...what the f! No one was there! Was class cancelled for some reason and no one called us? As I sat in the car and stared at the clock on the dash, it finally clicked in my overloaded brain. It was two minutes after eight. Classes don't start until nine! DOH! We are an hour early instead of being late. I wasn't about to sit there doing nothing, so I drove down the road and found a dollar store that was open and walked around there for half an hour to kill some time. I ended up buying a soda and two packs of scrapbooking stickers. After that we headed back to school and I let Bink play in the hallway until class started.

Aiding the fours was fun as always and cleaning up after class was easier than normal because their letter of the week was V and their snack was veggies and dip instead of crackers that make a million crumbs and are a pain in the butt to vacuum up after class is over.

After class, Bink and I was invited to go an visit our old neighbor's new home. Their new place is a really nice old house in Quinton. It was huge and had ton of storage space. And for an old house, it had closets that weren't the size of small dents in the wall. We brought lunch back from a small place down the road and yakked while the kids played. Of course she gave me a tour of the house which I loved because I think old houses have character that the new cookie cutter houses can never have. We stayed there until four and went home to play a little more before trying to get Bink settled in for bed. She was so wired that she didn't go to sleep until close to eleven o'clock and she did that under the threat that she would be exhausted tomorrow at her Easter Party at the library. I had gone to hockey practice and had come home to find her still up and chipping like a little magpie. She has so much energy that she needs more outlets for her to burn it off. The weather has been crappy lately so that's why she is stuck inside instead of running around outside and burning it off. :)

No comments: