SNOW! I woke up to snow and it snowed until eleven or so. It's a shame Bink's still under the weather or we could have taken her sledding. Well, I would have taken her. Chuck woke up sick again. He can be such a baby sometimes when he's sick. When I'm sick things still need to be done and tough crap for me. When he's sick, he needs to sleep and not be bothered, etc. Wish I had that same option.
I figured that hockey wouldn't happen at night so I did a forty-five minute workout on the treadmill with arm weights, then I did some crunches and some other stretches. After all of this, I donned my clothes for outside work and cleared the three vehicles, and the two neighboring driveways. Chuck had already paid two kids to do our driveway so it saved me a little work.
Once all that was done, I settled in for the day. Then I got the itch. The rink wasn't closed, I knew the roads had to be cleared because they actually came down our little side road and plowed once. I packed my hockey gear and went upstair so inform Chuck that I was going to hockey. Of course he got cranky and wanted me to drop Bink off at my sister-in-law's house. I said no way was I taking her out in the cold, windy crap. He was going to get his butt up and go downstairs and watch her. Well, not really watch her. He lucked out that she fell asleep right as I was about to leave.
So I did the man thing and left him with her. I reasoned that if I were sick and he had karate or his basketball stuff, he would have left me without thinking twice. It's good to realize that if he can do it, then so can I.
I'm so glad I went. There was only four other skaters and a goalie that showed up for practice, but it was a great one. We did a ton of skating, shooting drills, two on two's, and breakaways on the goalie. It was a kickass workout. I wish we had hockey next week like this, but our shitty schedule has no ice slot. That sucks!
By the time I got a shower and settled in with Bink it was getting late. It took about an hour for her to fall asleep and I didn't end up getting to bed 'til around twelve. She really needs to start going to bed earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment