Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sunday - March 8th

Whheeeee! I got to play hockey tonight. Chuck was being a pain in the butt at first about it, but at the last minute he caved in and I got to go. It was supposed to take me over an hour to get there and I made it in under and hour. Thank God for the invention of the GPS! Maryanne from the Americans had a mixed C/D team playing the Lady Senators team Grundy which is their C/D mixed team, not their normal UWHL team. They had a full squad and we had three defense and I think two lines. Our goal wasn't a goalie, but a forward who was filling in. I got there, suited up and was a happy camper. It was a pretty even game, but of course with Maryanne on your team, you know you will have instant goals. She's been playing longer than I have and is still a great player even though she's slowed down (haven't we all). I was laying back, not pressuring anyone or playing real hard and it burned me a few times and the one time it resulted in us getting scored on. Like I said, our goalie wasn't a goalie and any shot on her was a chance for a goal. I give her credit for doing it because I sure wouldn't have done it if I was asked. :-P I redeemed myself later by gearing up once and running the puck end to end and scoring. I should have felt bad in doing it, but they had a few good players on their team and that included the goalie. My shot was a close in wrister that clocked her in the forehead and snapped her head back and went in the net. Again, I should have felt guilty, but she was a decent goalie. We outshot that team something like close to forty to their fifteen or so shots, so she could keep the puck out of the net that was for sure. So I went home a happy camper getting to play in a last minute hockey game. I wish I had the money to play in spring league too. I'm going to die not playing. We would have the money if Chuck would quit spending so much money on dinners and lunches out, but that doesn't look like it's going to stop. I thinking of ways to get the money from him. It's driving me nuts with the idea of not playing again until August. Three or four months without hockey is wayyyyy too long to go without it. :(

No comments: