Friday, November 21, 2008

Beautiful

I took Bink to get some photos taken a few weeks back and needless to say I bought the entire package. I'll scan a few later to post here so you can see what I'm talking about. The thing of it is...she's beautiful. I sound like a gloating mom when I say it. I don't care. She's smart too. It's a great package to have. You see in the society we live in, if a girl is smart and ugly, she gets pushed aside. If she's smart and beautiful, the world is an easier place. You can argue about it with me all you like, but I've seen it first hand. I'm one of the smart, not so beautiful people. Knowing that my daughter won't have to fight that extra bit is a relief. No, life won't be handed to her on a silver platter, but it will be easier for her. It's been proven in studies multiple times that people are kinder to pretty people. It's even been shown that teachers will ignore an ugly student. I may sound shallow, but I thank God every day that he made my daughter beautiful and not like me.

No comments: