Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Shopping 'bout done!

I did it today. Except for finding a pair of new or used hockey skates for Bink, I'm done shopping for her. I plan on getting gift cards for anyone else in our family and the kids next door will get some small toy or book which will be easy to pick up later any time I'm out. It's a relief to have Bink done so soon so I don't have to worry about getting her gifts at the last minute. Her being so young helps too because she won't complain about not getting much for Christmas.

Best deal I got: Fisher Price Learn About Town. It sells for $39.97 at Wal-Mart and was sold out at the two stores I went to and online it's sold out as well. Target wanted around $45.00 and K-Mart wanted $51.99! I got it on sale at Toys R Us for $39.97. With my 20% off coupon it came to $34.97 including tax. I also got her three more mini Fisher Price Little People sets to go with this big item.

I ordered her Step 2 Kitchen online and am having it shipped to the WalMart near us. I ordered and received already her Caillou doll, the Caillou Christmas DVD and book of stories. Yes, Caillou is a whiney brat, but she loves the show and it does teach some things about manners, etc. I bought her a Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies CD today too. That's all she's getting which when you look at it, is plenty. It's more than a lot of other kids are going to be getting so she's a lucky kid that we can afford to get these for her in the first place.

Yeah, I'm spoiling her a little, but in comparison to what some people we know get their kids for Christmas, she's getting nothing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for a Caillou doll for Benji.. where did you get it?

Icecat62 said...

Amazon.com. The toys store was Ty's Toy Box. It's not a huge doll, but it's a nice little plush 12". It costs $19.99 plus tax and shipping. It's expensive 'cause it's Canadian and no one around here carries Caillou dolls.