Saturday, November 08, 2008

Game 6 vs. Freeze

Fuck. That sums this game up. Their refs sucked was one bone I had to pick. They couldn't call an offsides to save their life and they let the Freeze rip down one player after another on our team and never put one of them in the box. The second part that sucked was we came from behind to tie the game with 13 seconds left. I said lets just smother the puck and don't play around with it 'cause they'll send it to number five who scores all their goals. Damn if they didn't score with two friggin' seconds left in the game. Our goalie had it pop off of her glove and into the crease. I reached for the puck at the same time as number five but of course I was the slower of the two. I think God hates me. :-P

I lost our f'n game for us. I knew she was behind me, but noooooo, did I take a step back to hit her. Nope. And then I have my teammates saying it was okay and it wasn't my fault. Bullshit. I've been playing for 29 years and I know when I've fucked up and when I haven't. I let my team down.

I hate that shit ass rink too. No parking is available, the locker rooms are dirty, the ice is shit, and the fog was ridiculous. I'm so glad we don't have to play many games in that hole. Thank God our home ice is in a nice area and is kept semi-clean. No rink is ever going to be pristine because of all the stupid teenaged boys who think it's part of the game to trash the locker rooms and piss and spit all over the place.

Score: Freeze 4 - Flames 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop ragging on yourself. It was not your fault. We shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to lose with 13 seconds. We will all do better the next time we play them. We are still learning to play as a team and we are getting better with each game. Don't beat yourself up.