Saturday, May 09, 2009

April 28th - My Birthday - whoop e.

Today was my birthday. Big deal. I got the calls and the e-mails, which is more than I usually get. I got flowers from Chuck and chocolates. But no time spent with me. He went to karate instead. I bought a small cake and had a candle and let Bink blow it out after we sung Happy Birthday. Again, it was a day like any other.

I aided in the two's class today as the regular aid decided to call out at the last second because a friend of her's father died. She didn't need to call out. If anyone should have called out, it would have to have been the teacher. She just found out her father has stage four lung cancer. I feel so bad for her. She's my age and her father is my dad's age. It's too close to home for me. Her father is going to do chemo against the wishes of the majority of his family, but I say let him. You never know when God will make a miracle.

No comments: