Saturday, May 09, 2009

April 29th - Spring League

I totally forgot to post our first Spring League game the other day. On the 27th we played the Philadelphia Freeze. It was basically us, a C team, playing a B team. We lost 4-0, but we did play well together. Our goalie Penny played her ass off and saved us from losing worse than we did. I had a lot of fun and that's what I look for in the spring. Tons of fast skating and lots of fun ice time. I know we won't win the thing, but as long as I get ice, I don't care! :)

We played the Strath Haven team of 19U tonight and beat them 5-3. I think they're the weakest team out of all the teams we'll be playing. There's the Freeze, a B team, the Quakers 19U, the Quakers 16U, Strath Haven 19U, and us, the Concord Flames mixed C team. Jen Smith is our best player and we have a player from one of our D teams on our squad. Spring League is always a shithole mix. That's why I said before I join up for the ice time, not for the chance of winning. I know some people would really get pissed if they read this, but I could care less if we win during spring as long as I get my ass on the ice. Yes, I do love to win, don't get me wrong, but getting to play hockey is what is most important to me. Considering I almost didn't get to play at all, that is my goal. To play and have fun! :-D

No comments: