Saturday, May 09, 2009

May 7th - Thursday

Today was the last day I'm officially on the schedule to aid in a class at Bink's preschool. It makes me kind of sad knowing I probably won't see any of these kids again unless we move to the town and I see them in passing there. It's weird to watch ten kids change and grow during a school year and then off they disappear into the world. It makes me almost glad I never became a teacher all those years ago, because I think I'd become too attached to the kids each year and then letting them go every year would make me too melancholy.

It's bad enough knowing that Bink is leaving the twos and will be in the threes this coming September. It feels like only yesterday that she was born and now she's only a few years away from kindergarten. The time is flying by all too quick. Just looking at the photos I took of her last year shows me how much she's changed. She's lost that little baby look and is now a full-fledged toddler. Before I know it she'll be a kid, then a teen. I'm not ready for that. I hope this summer goes by slowly so I can enjoy her being a tiny little girl.

No comments: