We were supposed to do a ton of work on the house in the morning, but Chuck drug his butt around, then we ended up going to his mom's place for three hours. Bink loves visiting, but I'm not a big fan of her, but I do what I can to keep the peace when I'm around her. It usually fails as the woman is miserable and will find any small thing to crab about, but whatever.
When we got home, even though it was really too late to start work on the house, I began tearing up the carpet in the hallway and landing in the house. Chuck was supposed to be doing yard work in the backyard and ended up talking with the neighbor behind us and drinking beer.
Four hours later I'm half passing out from not eating for longer than that and from being overheated from working inside. I didn't stop for one break the entire time and I should know better. I'm not kidding when I say I almost passed out because I'm allergic to dust and dust mites and take a wild guess what that all crappy carpet is full of and guess what dummy didn't wear a mask while they worked. Yuppers, me. So as I'm half passing out, I jump in the shower to get the dust off and to cool off as well. Once I got dressed again, I shoved down my hot dog and corn on the cob.
I went to bed tired, but satisfied that I had one major project out of the way. The next thing will be to sand the stairs, stain, paint, and add the new carpet tops to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment