Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I spent the morning taking a walk, then rushed home to go and visit my mom for an hour before I had to come home and get ready to go with Chuck and Bink up to his sisters place. They were having a Mother's Day picnic. Chuck did the dishes and scrubbed the tub, so I guess that was my MD gift because I didn't get a card or anything else for that matter. When I asked him later why not, he said it was because he wasn't 'feeling it' because we had argued about him cleaning the shed instead of working on the house. Oh joy, lucky me.
It was a nice day there, but only because Bink's one cousin spent a lot of time with her so I had a few moments to myself gorging myself on dip and chips. Chuck was too busy playing basketball and video game. Some times he really pisses me off to no end. All the family gatherings should not be about how much fun he can have while I do what I do every day, and that's watch Bink. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything in the world, but sometimes you just need some time to do something for yourself. Any mom reading this knows exactly what I'm saying too.
Every holiday is just another day for me. Until Chuck decides to be more interactive with me and Bink and do some family time together, it'll never change as far as I'm concerned. Going to the same event or location doesn't qualify as family time if you're off doing your own thing.
Bleh.
No comments:
Post a Comment