
I finally got to see the new Star Trek movie and whoot - it was great! The casting was spot on and I loved how the characters were brought in. I'm hoping they make a sequel to this one because I'd really like to see what they'd do now that they have the crew together on the ship as it was in the original.
I have to admit it was funny seeing Kirk with blue eyes, but it was also nice not seeing him played by Shatner who is waaaay overweight and is just too old to be doing the action flicks any more. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original crew, but the new actors wore their characters like old clothing that fit perfectly. Seeing Nimoy looking so old and frail made me kind of sad and also knowing some of the original actors are dead brings a little extra downer to it, but the new guys give what was needed in this franchise. Action and youth! Sorry, but it was getting harder and harder to see the heroes being old men in their sixties trying to run around like twenty somethings.
I will be seeing this movie again if I get the chance and I know the moment it's on DVD, it'll be in my library of favorite films. I give it four stars. Go see it. It's not the old Trek, it's an action flick with a great storyline. Hell, my one niece who hated Star Trek, loved it too.
1 comment:
Did you catch the comments about "the red shirts"? It was real enjoyable, except that in the future, the Grand Canyon is located in Iowa. ;)
Post a Comment