Friday, February 13, 2009

Monday - February 9th

I dropped Bink off at Aunt LaLa's and headed on to hockey practice and Chuck headed on to basketball. He complains about my playing hockey at times, but considering he does karate, basketball, and target shooting, he doesn't have any room to complain at all.

So I go to practice at Aston and several of the players can't make it. It really sucks because we have hardly any ice together as a team before playoffs are held in the beginning of April. Like I've said before, I don't know who did the scheduling of the ice slots this season, but they suck! We had so many weekends jammed into a few months where our team had back to back games and now we have two months of hardly any hockey before playoffs. That is so wrong in so many ways! >:-(

Thankfully our practice was a good one. We did a ton of skating, passing, and shooting drills, and when we did the three on three scrimmages, when my team was out of the loop, I practiced shooting on the boards. It included some regular slap shots (I'm working on keeping them low), a ton of backhand shots, and a lot of flip shots. In doing this, I made sure I wasn't standing around wasting my time on the ice. I left the ice soaked in sweat and feeling better than I had all week. I hate the idea of not playing spring hockey this year, but money is tights and if I want to go to the CK Convention with Mitch, then that's how it has to be. Hopefully I'll be able to step up my exercise at home. I need to do more cardio and body work.

No comments: