Friday, February 13, 2009

Saturday - February 7th

This was a day that we were looking forward to all week. Bink was invited by her friend Ava to her birthday party. It's held at her grandma's place of business in Delaware. Ava's grandma runs a gymnastics program, so that means the party is one of fun, tumbling, running around and basically having a great time while exercising. It's amazing to see how this woman takes a group of pre-school kids and manages to get them to do what she wants. For the most part, they follow her around like a mother duck. If it were me out there, it would be pure chaos! :-D

Ava's mom Jen is a friend of my niece Megan. It's kind of funny when you see me in this group. I'm the same age as all of her Aunt's and Uncles, and her mom, while she's twenty-six. We both have little girls who just turned three. If I would have had Bink on her actual due date, their birthdays would have been around the same time.

So Bink got to spend over three hours, playing, running around, eating pizza and cake, and having a grand ol' time hanging out with kids her age. We were the last two to leave and needless to say, Bink wasn't happy going. She wanted to stay and play with her friend Ava. It doesn't matter how many time you explain to a newly turned three year old that everyone else has gone and the hosts of the party are leaving, they only know that the fun has ended and they're leaving before someone else.

Since I was in Delaware, I thought I'd take a quick run over to AC Moore to look at their dollar stamps for some more Valentine's Day ones and also to poke about in the clearance section. Sigh. Bad move. Bink ended up finding a rotary blade from a paper cutter on the floor and she sliced the end of her index finger open.

I didn't see her grabbing it from under the counter where it was laying because me being the good person that I am, I was putting some open Sizzix dies on the upper baskets so no little fingers would be sliced open by them. So off we go to the employee lounge to get some alcohol wipes and a band-aid and of course we had to fill out a medical report for their company.

Bink was screaming the entire time because you have to agree, small slice on the fingers hurt like a mother f'r and she was bleeding all over the place. So our small trip to the store ended up taking longer than expected. By the time we got home, it was dinner. I can't remember what we ate, but we spent the rest of the night just hanging out. And of course I gave Bink some extra cuddle time. Guilt on not protecting your baby will make you want to do that.

No comments: