Friday, February 13, 2009

Thursday - February 12th

I grabbed all the stuff I needed to drop off at Bink's preschool party - Valentine's cards, the kids little presents, the teachers card, my neighbor's new house card, and the cookies I made - and headed on over. It was nice knowing I could leave all that stuff there and not have to drag it around with me.

After giving Bink a goodbye kiss and a warning to be good, I headed on over to Weight Watchers to find out the damages that had been done from all my overeating and non-exercise. Except for hockey on Monday, I haven't been able to find the time to workout other than doing some stretches and things in front of the tv right before bed time.

It was nice seeing everyone from the group. I hadn't been there in a month since my last weigh-in. Believe me, I have to go to the meeting as much as I can because those weekly weigh-ins are what keep me in check. So I stand in line, hoping I'm not too much over my goal weight because I have no money on me and it would have been embarrassing as hell to have to be over my weight and have to leave because I couldn't pay to stay for the meeting.

Up on the scale and the number isssssss...159.8. The last time I went it was 157.5. Not too bad considering last week I weighed myself on the scale and it had been 162.5. I really cut back on my eating and snacking. It had to have been hockey practice that did it. There's nothing like a good workout on the ice to lose some weight. My goal weight is 160, so I was .2 away from being there again. That means I still need to lose about three pounds to get back to my safe zone.

The meeting starts and we have a sub leader because our normal woman, Suzanne, is going on a cruise. I think the woman who did the meeting wanted to kill me by the time the meeting was over because I'm honest as hell when it comes to eating. I am a foodaholic and some of the things they suggest just don't work with me.

They have a new thing. Eat a portion of food until you feel full, then stop. Hello! If I knew how to do that, I wouldn't have an eating problem and I wouldn't have never been fat! I don't feel full until almost a half hour or an hour later. It's then that I realize that I've over eaten and feel like a fat bloated pig. I think I'll stick to getting my meals and cutting the portions in half. I'll still measure my cereal in the morning. I can't rely on the feeling full thing. If did that, I can bet you I'd be back up toward 190 within a few months.

A few other members agreed with me on this eating style is bad idea. We all will stay the course and continue doing the old points system. It works and it still lets us eat food and not gain weight. Yes, it's a pain in the ass for me to have to do this the rest of my life, but I'd rather keep track mentally of what I eat than to be a big fatty again. My knees are getting worse the older I get and I don't need to add to their problems the added strain of more weight to them.

So after the meeting I go and pick up Bink and we head on home. I have to make more Valentines and a ton more cookies for her Valentine's Day party at the local library. That was added to my deciding to strip down the kitchen and clean everything. The counter tops, the stove, the side of the fridge by the stove. I also cleaned out a basket we have hanging in the kitchen that held all sorts of paperwork. What a mess that was.

Like an idiot, I pull a bunch of stuff from a drawer with our cooking tools and found a couple of mouse turds. I'm like f'! That is about the most disgusting thing in the world. So out come all the tools and I scrub the drawer clean after dumping the turds in the trash. Of course I had to scrub and wash all the cooking tools as well. It freaks me out that my cooking tools were near mouse crap. I ended up sorting through the tools and put a bunch of them in a bag for the thrift shop. So now the drawer is clean and you can see the tools, not have to guess what's in there.

I finished all of this up late. So late that I ended up flopping on the sofa to hold Bink so she'd go to bed. This was around nine or so at night. I sat on my ass watching my DVRs of Heroes. I'm now caught up on the series. I also watched an eppy of Ugly Betty that I recorded earlier in the evening. So bedtime was a little past twelve and I was tuckered out, but at least I know I got a ton of things done today.

No comments: