Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday - February 18th

Bink and I did a little shopping at the Dollar Tree today. I picked up an oblong tin to decorate with paper and I'll be making paper flowers on sticks for a little fun garden. I also shopped at the ACME to get dinner stuff. It will be for Thursdays dinner. Broccoli and chicken. I doubt it will taste half as good as the stuff I get from the China Inn.

I also used the afternoon to make a get well card for a little girl whose father is State Trooper. She was involved in a sledding accident earlier in the month and suffered severe head trauma. It's every parents nightmare for their child to be hurt and this was made worse because it was her dad who was pulling her sled behind an ATV. I can't image what her parents are going through and I don't ever want to know what it's like.

Chuck came home, then left to go to his basketball game. Bink and I watched some tv and read some books. That was our night in a nutshell. As always she went to bed late. She has got to be one of the hardest kids to get in bed. And no, I won't ever be one of those parents who shuts their kid in the bedroom to scream for hours on end. She'll outgrow it and eventually will go to bed at a decent time. I remember being the same way as a kid and it didn't hurt me any. I'm not stupid, my growth isn't stunted, and I can sleep anywhere as long as it's night. So there all you freaky doctors of doom who yak about what's proper and what isn't. Every kid is different. End of story.

No comments: