Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tuesday - February 17th

Bink had school today and was one happy little girl to be going. She loves school and her little friends. Afterwards we went to the library and picked up two more books. I'm so happy she loves books just like I and the rest of my family do. We're all reading freaks. :)

Later on I took her to dance class. The poor things fell asleep in the car on the way over there, but I wasn't about to let her skip the class. She doesn't nap, so that's her problem. She perked up right away as soon as she saw the other girls in her class and was running all over the place. I really like her going to this. She's learning sounds, dance, and tumbling, all in one class. It gets her with other girls her age too.

We rushed out of class the moment it was over. Why? Because I was dropping her off at Auntie LaLa's house for a few hours while I went to play hockey! Yeppers, I got to play for the first time in two weeks. Chuck's cousin Liam plays on the Little Flyers AA boys team and he invited me to play with him in the Parents vs. the Kids game. Those little shits are fast and you can tell they've been playing together a lot with one another because a lot of them were great positional players.

There was one kid who was a big whiner. Every single time someone came near him, he was throwing his hands up, crying for a penalty or banging his stick. He wasn't as good as most of the other players on his team, so I think that was his problem. Liam on the otherhand is one talented little defenseman. He knows position, he's nimble on his skates and is fast, and he knows how to carry the puck out of the zone and down the ice. He's better at twelve years old than I'll ever be. It kinda' makes me sick, but some people have the talent and some people don't. He's one of the lucky ones, while I'm one of the struggling average every day players that are a dime a dozen. :-)

He's so good that he's going to go play this summer over in Europe. I can't remember if it's Sweden or Switzerland. He was invited to go to Canada last year, but never went. I hope he can at least get some college money out of his hockey. Every penny counts now a days.

It was fun playing with the parents. There was another woman named Kim who had practice five times a few years ago with the Demons. I told her there was plenty of D level hockey if she was interested in joining a team in the spring league. She was hesitant about it which was a shame. The D level in the spring league is the perfect time to play. It's not as stressful. People are more laid back.

Kjell Samuelsson from the Philadelphia Flyers was there too. It was weird sitting next to this guy on the bench and playing defense with him. He is f'ing tallllll. His stick was taller than me. He's like a large lanky bird. You could tell he was just f'ing around floating about on the ice. It must be boring to him to play this type of hockey, but you know he probably loved it just because he was playing against his little boy. Who hacked him in the shins a few times with some really hard slashes that didn't even make him blink.

I have to say that was a lot of fun playing in this scrimmage. I got to see Liam play, I got to play, and I got to see a bunch of kids have a ton of fun beating up their parents, and cousin, in a fun skate.

No comments: