Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunday - February 15th

Chuck had to work overtime today. They hardly ever get offered ot any more (at least not people who aren't buds of the people in charge of scheduling), so when it was offered, Chuck took it so we could get more cash on the account. He can make in one hour what it would pay me to work an entire day if I took a part-time job working retail. We all know retail offers late hours that I could do for some extra cash, but they also tend to pay you jackshit as well.

So he's going to work and I decided to go shopping. Window shopping that is. We've put the breaks on most frivolous spending. My extent of purchasing stuff for scrapbooking has dropped down to the occasional dollar stamp or the papers that are on sale for half off, etc. If it's not on clearance or ultra cheap, I'm not buying it. It's killing me. I want to go to the Scrapbook Station to see if they have the new Basic Grey papers in. :-P

So Bink and I went to Deptford. We stopped at Michaels, Circuit City, AC Moore, and JoAnns. I looked for Jo at Circuit City, but she must not have been working. All the cheap tv sets were already gone and to be honest, the store is pretty bare. It's sad when a company closes. You lose shopping options, but more importantly, people lose their jobs. Jo is one of them. I hope she can find something quickly or it would mean her moving back in with her parents and I know she doesn't want to do that.

After our shopping trip we head on home. We basically hung out and did little things around the house the rest of the night. Bink and I had been out all day, so coming home late was nice because I escaped a day of cleaning! Oh...I bought a one dollar wood stamp, the last issue of Simply Scrapbooking, and two books for Bink at JoAnns. I spent more than I was going to, but I won't ever skimp on buying books for Bink. Besides, they were nice ones and really cheap. One was $5.00 and I got the second one for $2.50 using a fifty percent off coupon. Not a bad deal after all.

Bink was fighting going to sleep again. She didn't fall alseep until almost ten-thirty again. This is not a good things. I really need to get her to bed earlier, but I can't force her to sleep. That's up to her.

No comments: