Another day of cleaning like a wild person. I'm so sick of cleaning, but it needs to be done. There's still so much stuff to go through and donate or trash that it's not even funny. It's pretty sad to go through all your stuff and realize just how worthless most of it is. :-P
The fun part of this day was going over to Auntie LaLa and Uncle Kenny's house to celebrate cousin Megan's twenty-sixth birthday. Her friend Jen came to the party and brought Ava, so Bink had a playmate. Of course we all chowed down on pizza, cake, and ice cream. It's no wonder I'm having a hard time keeping my weight below my goal for Weight Watchers. Every thing we do has a ton of food and for a foodaholic, it's sheer torture to not eat any of it. Of course I fail! :-P
I feel bad for Megan. She has celiacs disease, so while all of use eat pizza, she can't. Her birthday cake was a special one made without gluten. Surprisingly it taste really good. And you know it's hard on her because she snuck a slice of pizza later. Even knowing that she could have all sorts of bad crap happen, the temptations of foods she use to eat is too much when she's around it all the time. She slips and pays the consequences of some bad days of digestive and intestinal problems. It sucks. I wish they could find something people like her could take to stop all those things. Her mom and two sisters probably have it, they just haven't gone for the testing yet.
We also played RockBand with the family. Kelley has the Wii version. She and her boyfriend Mark can do the songs on expert level. Kelley does it on drums and he does it on guitar. I'm still stuck an the easy level. I finally tried the singing part and got a 97%, but it was an easy Talking Heads song that I should have gotten a 100% on if I didn't suck so bad at singing.
All in all it was a nice family time. Everyone was there with the exception of our sister who has a great excuse for not making it. She lives in Iowa. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment