Friday, February 13, 2009

Tuesday - February 10th

Bink had school and it gave me the chance to go to the park and do some walking. The weather was nice, so I was able to squeeze in two and a half laps around the entire place. I love going there just because I can check out the ducks, seagulls, and on the rare occasion, muskrats.

The one thing I noticed as I was on the cement walkway by the river was all the little clam shells that lay broken open. Those seagulls are smart little shits. They get the clams and drop them down on the walkway so they'll break. That's an easy way to get to the meat.

The other thing I saw that caught my eye was the single white duck that was handing out with the wild ducks. I have no idea if it was a duck that someone dumped off at the park or if it had some how lost it's way from a farm in the area. I know the domestic geese have been there on one side of the park for years and they don't hand out with all the wild Canadian geese, so it was strange seeing this lone white duck with other not of it's kind.

Once the weather breaks, I'll be spending my days taking this walk while Bink is at school. It's relaxing and it's good exercise for tightening up the ol' thighs.

After school the two boys from next door stayed over for some play time while their mom scrambled around trying to pack up some more of their stuff and also make a batch of cookies that she had an order for. She makes kids cookies on the side and sells them now and then for a few bucks. They left when it was time for Bink to go to dance class.

Dance was fun as always and afterwards we spent the rest of the night getting things cleaned up. I can't remember if I made any Valentine's cards this night or not.

No comments: