Sunday, February 22, 2009

Saturday - February 21st

Today was a busy morning. We got up a little later than normal, but were able to get things packed and ready for the day. Chuck left with his stuff for the clinic and kick-a-thon at his karate school. Bink and I would go there later.

I packed up her diaper bag, packed all my hockey stuff up and after we did all that, off Bink and I went to the kick-a-thon at Chuck's karate school. I brought my camera with me and took close to three hundred photos. I know I take a ton, but it guarantees that I will have some really good photos in the mess.

They had recently moved the studio to a larger area in the shopping center and I have to say it's really nice. It's huge, open, and airy. They have a play section for the little kids with a tv and dvd players, and toys. The viewing area now has clear glass so you can see what's going on and they have blinds that can be pulled down to prevent viewing of some testings I guess and the cardio class. I really miss the cardio class. I wish I could go back to it, but money is too tight for that. I'll probably not be able to do spring hockey either. It sucks not having a ton of money. With the cost of everything going up, it's gotten so costly for every day living expenses. :-P

Before I went into the karate place, Chuck, Bink, and I went into a home craft store that's right next to the studio. They had some really nice stuff at reasonable prices. Even with our budget being tight, I was able to talk Chuck into letting me buy a framed print for the kitchen. It was twenty dollars so it was a good deal. I plan on stripping the wallpaper and painting the room and I think this print can have everything built around it. Re-doing the kitchen won't cost very much because ours is the size of most apartment kitchens. All it will take is a can of paint, some laminate flooring, and lots of elbow grease. :)

Chuck's karate was fun. Like I said, I took a ton of pics and Bink got to play, so it was a fun time for all of us.

I left Bink with Chuck around two-thirty. I was going to Ice Works to play in two games. He was taking Bink to Burger King again so she could run around in the play area. The food isn't the best for kids, but she gets to run free and play with other kids so it's good for that.

After hockey I hung out with the team and ate some fattening pizza at Coco's, then headed home. All in all I'd have to say it was a fun day. :)

No comments: