Saturday, January 03, 2009

January 1, 2009 - What happened to Y2K?

Well another year has flown by and the virgin year 2009 has begun. It's a way people try and start over with their lives. An annual renewal of faith. For me it's a never ending mantra of, this year, I'll do better. This year will be better though. The house if finally starting to shape up. I'm shaping up. Bink is getting bigger and smarter every day. Chuck is getting more things done at work and at home. We're all on track. If we have a derailment, we'll get right on back.

New Years Day started out fattening. We had eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. The deal of the day was going to see a movie. We went to the Ritz in Voorhees. It's a nice place to see a movie. The movie on the otherhand was average. We saw 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'. It's a rental. Our next choice is to see 'Gran Torino' with Clint Eastwood. I know that will be a lot better because the guy knows how to make a good movie.

Of course we ate another calorie filled dinner before coming home. I had shrimp and broccoli and some lo mein. The chocolate cookie didn't help either. It was a busy day doing not much of anything. Bink went shopping with Aunt Donna and cousin Courtney. They hit up Target and they stopped by Old Navy to see cousin Lindsey who was working while home from college. The reason for the stop was so Bink could show her, her first ever ring pop. She proudly waved it at Lindsey while smiling a big smile. I wish I could have been there to get a photo of that. :)

By the time we got home and got Bink settled down for bed, we laid around like slugs. Hope all of you had an equally slow and meandering day as well.

Oh yeah. I played RockBand for the first time on New Years Eve. I scored a 77, an 83, and an 88, but they were on easy mode on the guitar. We want to get it, but where in the heck would we store the thing in our small house? :-P

No comments: