Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monday - January 26th

Happy Birthday Bink! I watched the clock this morning after getting Bink up so I could sing Happy Birthday to her the moment she was 'officially' born. I kept telling her beforehand that she should enjoy her last few minutes as a two year old because once she was three, should would never be two again. It made me sad to think she was already turning three. What happened to that little baby I brought home from the hospital? How come time goes by so fast? I wish I could push a pause button and stretch theses days out longer so we could enjoy her being a little toddler. Before I know it, she's be a kid, then a teen, then an adult. I don't want to think of that. I'm reminded how fast it all goes every time I look at my nieces.

I took some two year old photos that morning, then a couple of three year old ones. You can't tell them apart. ;-) I decided that morning to skip going to hockey practice so we could do Bink's birthday on her day. So I e-mail Auntie LaLa, Megan, et al and arrange for the night. I call Mom & Dad and my brother David to remind them. David couldn't make it because he already made plans, Kelly was supposed to be working, and so was Kirsten. Megan could only stay a little while because she had a class to go to.

After making the calls, Bink and I head to WalMart to get her presents. Yes, I always wait until the last minute. We saw Kirsti and her daughter Megan in the parking lot, so we talked a little while the kids played. I asked if they wanted to come, but they ended up not being able to make it later. It's a shame because Megan and Bink get along so well and I really do like her parents. They're nice normal people who don't care if you're rich, poor or whatever.

After we get Bink's present, I checked the cakes out at the ACME. No dice. They only had the crappy whipped icing on the all the cakes. We saw my brother Kenny shopping there so of course I talked to him for a bit before we loaded back into the car to go to the IGA in the next town. I found a cake with real frosting and I even bought a mini cake so Bink and Dady could celebrate on Tuesday together. Chuck had a basketball game so he wasn't going to skip it, he was coming to the party after the game.

Bink blew out her candles with Uncle Kenny, Auntie LaLa, Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop, Mommy, Jake, and Lucy all watching her. She really liked her presents. Coloring books, a Fisher Price Pet Parlor with extra figures, a Cars book, a Bee book, and a racetrack. Oh, the theme for the party was the movie Cars. I let her pick out what she wanted when we got the cups, plates, napkins, and horns. The horns by the way didn't make noises, which we were happy about because Bink loved them and kept blowing on them until the curls broke. She did that by chasing Jake and Lucy.

She was still wired when Chuck came and by the time we all left, she was still going strong. That's what happens when you combine cake and ice cream. She had fun with family and that was the most important thing. She do it all again two more times. Some of us are taking her top Bugaboo Creek Friday so the moose can sing to her, and on Superbowl Sunday, we'll be having another b-day party at Chuck's sisters place.

So Happy 3rd Birthday Bink! And many more happy ones to come! :)

No comments: