Playing this team can be a pain in the ass. I use to play with a some of these people years ago, and sometimes it seems like they take it too personal. Like I'm out to get them or something. I had one player who fell down right next to me in the first period and she started dropping the f' bomb on me. I didn't hit her! Like what the f'! Just because I'm near you, I did it? I would take credit for it if I did to let you know I was dumping your ass on purpose. I'm that kind of player that I'll gloat about it, so if I just look at you and say nothing, you know I didn't do it.
Back to overall review of the day and game.
I spent the morning cleaning very little and trying to get some things in order. I packed my stuff for hockey after my uniform and underclothes were dry (I wash them after every game), and off I went. The rink is only a twenty or twenty-five minute ride from my house. I'm kind of hoping we do move to a house in P-City because then it will only take me about fifteen minutes. That would be the shortest ride ever for me to get to hockey. The only thing that would suck is the $4.00 bridge toll, but I pay that now, so what's the difference?
So I get to Ice Works, unload my crap and head on in. The Flames White team had a scrimmage and one of our players helped as a sub and she already had the locker room so that was cool for me to not have to go and get a key. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am one of the slowest persons ever to get dressed. I can get there an hour before a game, and by the time I go pee a number of time (I can't play with ANY pee in my bladder. It's a weirdo thing.), talk with players, say hi to people on the other team I may know...you get the picture. I'm still getting my shit on while people who came ten minutes before the team goes on the ice are done getting dressed.
So we're done getting dressed and everyone is jacked up for this game. We tied this team before and kicked ourselves in the asses for doing it. We know we can beat them, we just had to hustle more and pay attention to our passing. Not even five minutes into the game Deb wins a faceoff and directs it to Colleen, who passes it back to me on the right D and I let a low one timer slapshot off that goes through a pile of people and into the net. Their goalie Lisa, who is a friend of mine, didn't even have a chance at it because she couldn't see the puck with all the bodies in the way. That would be a reoccurring theme of the day for her because we kept putting the puck in the net.
The final score was 8-2. I don't know how many times their defense let the rebounds go and there were plenty of times I saw four of their players clogging up the net in front of their own goalie. I'm not being ignorant when I say this, but their team has a lot of big women and I'm not talking tall. If your goalie is one of the smallest people in the league, you don't stack yourselves in front of her. That's no help at all when your goalie has zero view of what's in front of her. I hope they don't try and peg the loss on her because from my end of the ice, she was left high and dry a number of times.
On the other hand, our team hustled our collective asses off and never let up. We're finally gelling as a team and it shows. Sure we had a few let downs as noted by the two goals against us. Both we rebounds. The first one I should have knocked the player on her ass and gotten a penalty instead of letting her shoot. The rebound was picked up in the slot where our forward wasn't manning their player. The second one was a repeat except it was on Mitch's side she had a good excuse for not making the perfect play because her stick was back at the blueline. :)
Even with those few things not working perfectly, our team stuck together and kept hustling. Although my defensive partner told me later that our goalie was yelling at me because I told her to cover the puck. Hate to tell any of you goalies or coaches, etc., but when I'm playing, I don't hear a ton of what you're screaming because I'm focused on what I'm doing and what the other team is doing. My mindset is to get the puck out of the zone or to one of my wingers. I don't really hear you. Sorry. :-D
After the game I head on over to my brother's home to finish watching the Eagles play. Um...not. Lol. I went there and ate chili, wings, a slice of pizza, and a ton of M & M's. I'm allllll about the food. The game is a distraction. My brother made a kickass chili. It was three meat (chicken, beef, and pork) and had just the right amount of spices. My brother is a good cook. :)
We stayed there until nine and loaded Bink and went home. She wasn't a happy camper having to leave. She loves Auntie LaLa, Uncle Kenny, and her 'sisters', Megan, Kelly, and Kirsten. She also doesn't like leaving 'her' dogs, Jake and Lucy. Going to my brother's house is like a second home to her. I got her calmed down once we were in the car and by the time we got home and I got her changed, she was ready for bed. I only stayed up a little after she went to sleep. It was a long day and my having stayed up 'til 2:30 the previous night made me a sleepy person.
1 comment:
"I would take credit for it if I did to let you know I was dumping your ass on purpose. I'm that kind of player that I'll gloat about it, so if I just look at you and say nothing, you know I didn't do it."
Now THAT is what I need to learn how to do! How do you dump someone on purpose? I've been trying to figure it out and #$!%$! can't get there.
Post a Comment