Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wednesday - January 14th

Bleh. I had to go and finally get my crown color matched to the rest of my teeth. Of course I have to have something special done. My teeth are tetracycline stained and are a blue/grey tint. None of the colors they had at my dentist matched so I had to drive an hour and a half from my home to the lab she used and get a visual matching. Then the same drive back home. My friend Debbie drove with Bink and I to New Hope, PA to go to this lab and ended up eating at the Friendlies down the road. It sucked to drive to New Hope and not shop and walk around, but it was too friggin' cold anyway.

We got home late and we rushed to get to my Mom and Dad's home for a little birthday celebration of ice cream and cake. It may seem lame, but we did it for the two of them at one time. They don't like big celebrations and having it at their house saved them the trouble of going out at night in the cold. Both of my parents have health issues now that they're older, so it's better for them.

We had a good time just hanging out and yakking with one another. Both my brothers were there, my sis-in-law, me, Bink, and my one niece Megan. Kelly and Kirsten were both stuck working and Chuck was at his basketball game. The only downfall about going there is they both smoke. I leave there feeling sick, even though they've cut back. Smoke doesn't go away, it sucks into everything. I come home smelling like an ashtray and feeling like I've been smoking a pack. Yes, for me it's that bad. I think I'm allergic to the nasty things.

Once I got home I gave Bink a bath and got her ready for bed, then I got a shower too. It feels good to get rid of that itchy feeling I have from the cig smoke. The only thing I didn't get to do was wash our coats. Hopefully I will be able to do that some time this weekend.

No comments: