Today I aided in the fours again. They are too funny. Some of the kids have some major mood swings. And it's cold and flu season because five or six of them had running noses and sneezing. It's weird how some of them are developing. One kid will be outgoing and is able to write their name on their papers and need no prodding to do their projects. Others can barely make a scribble and you have to hover over them and keep at them to do anything at all. Even the sizes of the kids vary from a four year old that's the size of a two year old and another who is the size of a six or seven year old. It just goes to show that kids grow and learn at different levels and the people who want to label kids and pigeonhole them at such an early age are being ridiculous.
Kids grown and learn at all different stages. Some never catch up to their peers, others go above their projected level and need extra work or schooling to keep them from being bored. All I can do on my end is make sure Bink is happy and learning well, without trying to compare her to other kids. I know as a parent it's hard to do. I'm always comparing her height and her ability to speak and do things to kids sometimes. It's from having it come from you at all sides. Television, school, other parents, you name it. I just want to make sure I don't pressure her to be something other than who she is. I'll work at it, because I'm not perfect!
After school, we headed on home and ended up playing and singing, watching tv, and doing all sorts of everyday stuff. It was just your everyday, ordinary day. And there's nothing wrong with that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment