Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14th - Scrimmage vs. Quarry Cats

Again another day spent cleaning and trying to get rid of stuff. Are you sensing a pattern here? Can you say I have accumulated way too much shit through the years and I have a problem not throwing things away or letting go of them? Yeppers. Thankfully I'm breaking that habit this year. Our house is way too small and all the stuff in it makes it look like a trash heap. I think by this time next year I'll actually have a nice little home instead of an oversized storage unit. :-P

Bink watched the movie Cars for the eightith time. It's a good thing it's one of my favorite movies. I never get tired of watching the thing. I even watched the two bonus cartoons that were on the DVD. I never did that before. Doh!

I took off for the game and not to longer after I left, my niece Megan came and got Bink. They were going to make cookies and put up the tree over at Aunt LaLa's. Chuck was finishing cleaning off the computer desk we're getting rid of and of course he played his golf game on XBox 360 after I left.

I played another crappy game tonight. I don't know what's the matter with me. I shot the puck into people ankles (sucked to be them) or it went wide of the net. My skates don't feel right either. I've had them sharpened twice in the past two weeks and they just don't feel like they're done right. That should'n affect my shot though. I thinking too much again. I want to help our team out by scoring, but when I stop and think about it, I shoot like crap and end up doing nothing for them. I hope I get my groove back in time for this weekends game because we have a long break ahead of us with no hockey and I don't want to go away feeling like a total waste of bench space for that long.

The score was Flames 4 - Quarry Cats 2. I think. I can't remember if they score one or two goals. I'm pretty sure it was two.

Oh yeah. There was a really nasty pile up in the game. Two or three of our players and one of their ran into one another at mid ice. I swear I thought the girl snapped her neck. Luckily she said she only hurt her arm and knee. I was expecting them to have to take her off the ice on a stretcher it was that nasty looking when they all collided. The only thing that was stupid was the ref gave one of our players a penalty. Um...huh? People smack into each other by accident and he hands out a penalty? I was on the ice when it happened. No penalty was needed. Where he pulled that one out of his ass was beyond me.

Tomorrow we have practice. Thank God because I really need it. And it'll help get rid of this cookies I ate tonight when I picked Bink up at Auntie LaLa's. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I hate it when I don't play the way I want to. Sounds like you're in that kind of space right now too.