Monday, December 29, 2008

December 27 - Here We Go Again!

Today we headed off to Chuck's sister's house for Christmas dinner and present opening for Bink. When we got there, I was like...crap. They had the tv all set and ready for Chuck to hook up his XBox so they could play Rockband. Our nephew's XBox crashed, so he brought his with him. I was miffed until they started playing it. It gave me tons of photo opportunities of the family and it was fun to watch. I didn't join in as I can't sing and I doubt I could coordinate my fingers and hands to do the drums or guitar. I said I'd try it another time.

His other brother brought his Wii with him, so everyone played that too. I did a lot of chasing after Bink and watching her. That and eating. All I've done is eat and I know I'll gain at least five pounds if I don't get my ass moving. I really miss hockey. And the computer desk in the workout room that we're selling on Craigslist prevents me from getting on the treadmill. Flabbomundo.

Of course we all ate a ton and then there was the presents. Bink got a ton of stuff from everyone. Cute clothes, a plasma car, some board games, a princess dress, and a Fisher Price Princess carriage. She was going nuts opening her things and then started freaking out when a present turned out not to be hers. We had to explain that not every single thing under the tree was for her. Oh boy, greed begins early. I want to nip that in the bud ASAP. I do NOT want her growing up thinking of only getting and wanting. I want her to know that giving and sharing can bring more joy than the other.

We didn't leave there until really late so I didn't even get to bed until one o'clock. Talk about a long, tiring day. And we're going to go back up there tomorrow. I wish we would have stayed the night instead, but it's better for Bink to sleep at her own house at this point and it's easier on me because I'm the one who gets up with her every morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry..at her age they are all like that. By 4-5 years old they become more appreciative of the things they get. They still want every gift to be for them, but at least they don't act it out in front of everyone. They just whisper it in YOUR ear all day because they don't want everyone else thinking they are impolite or greedy.

Don't we all want every present to be for us? LOL!